1500 meter swim / 26.4 mile bike / 6.2 mile run
750 meter swim / 17.3 mile bike / 3.1 mile run
3.1 mile run / 17.3 mile bike / 3.1 mile run
3.1 mile run
Your Cause Sports has the lowest entry fees in the region, and a FREE customizable fundraising page! With the best courses in Colorado, get more for your money by getting an amazing event while sending some tax free money to your favorite nonprofit!
|4777 Broadway Boulder, CO 80304 (303) 442.6600 Google Map Directions Book our Special Rate Here! 4 Miles from the Res! Free Hot Breakfast||1470 Dry Creek Drive Longmont, CO 80503 (303) 682.2894 Google Map Directions As low as $119.95 Free Hot Breakfast||1410 Dry Creek Drive Longmont, CO 80503 (303) 682.1166 Google Map Directions As low as $119.95 Breakfast at The Bistro|
Just mention you are racing Boulder Sunset to receive your discount rate!
GO BEYOND THE TRAINING. As an experienced coach and athlete, Eric has found that training is only part of the puzzle. He works with athletes on maximizing their resources to best reach their goals. He has designed his custom training to be fun and sustainable for long term success, happiness and growth. Click Here for a sneak peek at the distance specific, base training plan created specifically for the Boulder Sunrise & Sunset! Don’t forget to join the Training Peaks Forum, giving you access to training tools, tips & invites to coached workouts.
Choose to pay both the entry fee and fundraising minimum when you register. Or choose to make a larger difference for YOUR CAUSE by using your fundraising page. When you register for a Your Cause Sports event, you will receive access to this FREE, customizable fundraising web page, forms to take to the office, school or even door to door.
Click on the map for a closer look or a printable PDF.
|Date: Thursday, August 29th, 2013
|Time: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
|Location: Road Runner Sports
Address: Suite B-102 10436 Town Center Dr, Westminster, CO 80021
Click Here for Google Map Directions to Road Runner Sports. *Ideal for those traveling from Denver.
- You must present a valid photo ID at check-in.
- For those with an annual USAT membership, you MUST present a current USAT membership card or show your membership through www.usatriathlon.org on a smart phone or device. If you cannot provide proof of membership, you will have to purchase a one-day license for $12. No exceptions.
- No one will be allowed to pick up your packet for you. Please do not email in asking for an exception, as this is a USAT requirement that will not be ignored.
- All relay team members must be present together to pick up their packet.
- If you are unable to pick up during this time, please select Race Day Packet Pick-Up when you register.
- Late registration will be accepted if space allows, but neither checks nor credit cards will be accepted. Please bring cash.
- Fundraising: All online fundraising, to be counted toward your fundraising minimum, MUST be submitted before online registration closes at 11:59pm, Wednesday, August 28th. If you haven’t met your fundraising minimum at this time, you must pay your fundraising minimum at packet pickup with CASH or CHECK and a DONATION FORM. Your online fundraising sites will remain active for additional donations until 11:59pm, Wednesday, September 4th.
- For more Rules & Policies, click here.
|9:00am Transition Area Opens|
|10:00am Olympic Tri Wave 1||Open Division|
|10:00am Olympic Tri Wave 2||Male Age & Clydesdale|
|10:10am Olympic Tri Wave 3||Female Age + Athena + Relays|
|10:30am Sprint Tri Wave 1||Open Division|
|10:35am Sprint Tri Wave 2||Male 39 & Under|
|10:40am Sprint Tri Wave 3||Male 40 & Over + Clydes|
|10:45am Sprint Tri Wave 4||Female 39 & Under|
|10:50am Sprint Tri Wave 5||F 40 & Over + Athena + Relays|
|10:55am Sprint Tri Wave 6||Beginner Division|
|11:15am Duathlon/5K Start||Duathletes & Runners|
|11:30am Swim Cut-Off|
|12:15pm 5K Awards|
|1:00pm Sprint Tri Awards|
|1:30pm Olympic Tri Awards|
|1:45pm Bike Cut-Off|
|2:00pm Duathlon Awards|
|2:30pm Run Cut-Off / Course Closed|
Awards / Results - Winners will be awarded and results will be posted in the following groups. All finish times will be calculated using the appropriate gun time so please BE SURE YOU START IN THE CORRECT WAVE.
- Top 3 Overall Male / Female
- Top 3 Overall Male / Female
- Top 1 Male / Female Age Groups
- Top 3 Overall Male / Female
- Top 3 Male / Female Age Groups
- Top 3 Clydesdale / Athena
- Top 3 Relay Teams
2013 Top Fundraiser – As the last race of 2013, the Boulder Sunset will close out the season in style! A special honor will be given to the individual who has raised the most money for their cause with the 4th Annual David S. Herron Fundraising Excellence Award!
Parking – Parking will be allowed in the main lot for handicapped individuals or those with medical needs only. YOU MUST REQUEST A PASS AT PACKET PICK-UP to be allowed access to this lot. Athletes and spectators must park in either the reservoir’s north or south overflow lots. Please follow all Law Enforcement, Park Ranger and/or Marshall directions. Anyone who parks in one of the adjacent housing developments WILL BE TOWED!
No Pets – No animals are allowed in the park during this event. Please leave Fido & Fluffy at home.
No Glass – Glass bottles or glass of any kind is prohibited at the Boulder Reservoir.
Post Race Meal – This is FREE for all athletes, but sorry… the post race meal is for athletes and volunteers only.
Raffle – Don’t miss the awards ceremony & raffle! All athletes will be eligible to win!
Water Temperature – The water temperature at the Boulder Reservoir will be measured one week prior to the race and updated everyday thereafter.
Zero Waste –The Boulder Sunrise is a Zero Waste event. Please look for the two-bin Zero Waste Stations where you will separate your leftover materials into compostables and recyclables.
Click here to check out additional general race rules and policies.